For a Healthier You and a Healthier Planet
Consider a Water Filtration and Conditioning System
Maybe you recently heard that the EPA found contaminants in our local water supply? For details about the findings visit, KOAA water Contamination Issues.
With all recent bad news about water quality in major American cities, it is no surprise that people are looking for ways to ensure that the water in their homes is safe, free of toxins, great tasting, and most importantly healthy. A complete water filtration system will make the water in every sink, tub, and shower of your home contaminant free, safe and delicious.
Without a water test it is impossible to know whether the water in your home is free of lead, chlorine, chloramine and other harmful contaminants. These chemicals and contaminants pose a serious threat to the health of you and your family. Additionally, over time they can corrode your pipes, leading to expensive repairs.
The Environmental Working Group recommends that all homes test their water, or at least educate themselves on the water provided by their state and local municipality. Knowledge is power. Knowing the quality of the water you bathe in, cook with, and drink is fundamental to living a healthy life.
If you want information about the water quality in Colorado and other helpful tips about safe drinking water, visit these sites:
- Environmental Working Group
- Colorado State University also publishes a bi-annual report on the water quality in our state, a summary of that report can be found here, CSU Water Quality Summary
- For complete results visit CSU 2015 Water Quality Report.
When it comes to something as important as a safe water supply, it is a wise idea to install a water filtration system in your home.
Many people purchase bottled water as a way to safeguard their families from unsafe drinking water. Unfortunately this option can be very expensive and labor intensive. Purchasing, lugging, and storing enough water for a family can cost up to $1000 or more. All those plastic bottles end up in the landfill too and that certainly is not good for our planet.
Other water filtration systems offer clean tap water but they are installed at one tap, usually the kitchen and this does not safeguard the rest of the water sources in your home. Also it does not protect your sinks, showers and tubs from build up caused by contaminants in the water supply.
The Halo 5 Water Filtration system works to purify, filter, and condition the water in your home using a 5 stage process:
- STAGE 1 Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) NSF Certified acid-washed GAC for the general removal of chlorine, chloramines, gases, dyes, fuels, heavy metals, man-made pollutants, disinfectants, pesticides, TTHM, sodium hypochlorite, undesirable odors, undesirable taste and volatile organic contaminants. The end product is clean, fresh water with no objectionable taste or odor characteristics. Additionally, Centaur® HAC can be used for filtering waters having a wide range of pH levels and will impart a high “polish” to the filtered water.
- STAGE 2 Centaur® High Activity Carbon (HAC) Centaur® HAC is an outstanding material for successfully reducing free chlorine from water supplies. The end product is clean, fresh water with no objectionable taste or odor characteristics. Additionally, Centaur® HAC can be used for filtering waters having a wide range of pH levels and will impart a high “polish” to the filtered water.
- STAGE 3 Filter-AG Plus® Filter-Ag Plus® is an all-natural, environmentally safe media with a large surface area and micro-porous structure. It is a highly efficient filter media for the reduction of suspended matter down to the 5 micron or less range and is thus, extremely effective at removing water turbidity.
- STAGE 4 High Density Garnet Filter Media Garnet is a high hardness, high density granular filtration media that can effectively filter down to the 10-20 micron range. It also provides an excellent support bed for the other filtration media.
- STAGE 5 HALO ION Inline Water Conditioner Our patented HALO ION Inline Water Conditioner uses multi-reversing polarity permanent magnetic fields to alter the molecular structure of positively and negatively charged ions of dissolved calcium and magnesium. This causes the hard water minerals that would normally cause lime scale to stay suspended in the water instead of attacking pipes and appliances.
Affordable Plumbing and Heat is proud to offer sales and installation services for the Halo Whole House Water Treatment System. This water filtration and water conditioning system is a physical system, therefore no chemicals are used to treat and condition the water in your entire home. The Halo System protects against chlorine, chloramine, and lead. It also protects against pipe corrosion and scale build-up.
We encourage you to find out more about this water filtration and water conditioning system. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about installing the system in your home or place of business.
For more complete details about the Halo Water Filtration and Conditioning System, please watch the informative video below or read this online brochure, Halo Water Systems.